Australia has long been a popular destination for anyone thinking of moving to another country. The country has advantages, such as a booming economy, which implies greater work chances. Australia offers a higher standard of living and a multicultural community that is peaceful and harmonious.
Immigrants to Australia can apply for permanent residency, sometimes known as a PR visa. The PR visa for Australia is valid for five years. You can relocate to Australia with your family if you have a PR visa. After four years in Australia on an Australia PR visa, you can seek for citizenship.
Australia requires community workers from other countries in the current Coronavirus outbreak. A community worker assists in the implementation of community development projects and addresses concerns, needs, and problems related to health and other aspects of community welfare.
In Australia, there is a demand for community workers in states such as New South Wales, the ACT, South Australia, Victoria, Queensland, and the Northern Territory.
The Benefits of a PR Visa
- You may live and travel across Australia.
- You can further your study in Australia and apply for educational loans.
- After two years of holding an Australia PR visa, you are entitled for Social Security benefits.
- If your relatives satisfy specific requirements, you can support their PR.
- With a PR visa, you can apply for government positions.
- You can visit New Zealand and apply for visas there.
Australian Qualifications are offered.
- Diploma in Community Services (1-Year Program)
- Bachelor of Community Services (3-Year Program)
- Master of Community Services (2-Year Program)
- Graduation of Year 12 or equivalent
Requirements for English Entry
IELTS 5.5 or higher
Obtaining a formal qualification nowadays can help you start your career in this field. This certification will provide you with several career prospects in the corporate world.
The Diploma of Community Service with a Specialization in Case Management is the most recent nationally certified certificate for community service (CHC52015). A significant proportion of industrial workers pursue a diploma degree in order to work in welfare and case management services.
Pathway to Permanent Residence in Australia
The degree of social work in Australia has been placed on the medium to long term strategic skill list by DOHA Australia due to the high need for social work graduates. These vocations on the Skilled Occupations List (SOL) and Consolidated Sponsored Occupations List (CSOL) may be eligible for sponsorship and migration. Some career titles for social work graduates include welfare workers, social workers, and community workers, among others.
Lists of Professional Opportunities
The following skill lists include this occupation:
- 190 State/Territory Sponsored and 489 Occupations List
- 482 TSS Visa Short Term List
- 407 Training visa occupations list
- 187 RSMS Visa Occupations List
- 491 – Skilled Work Regional (provisional) visa (subclass 491)
- 494 – Skilled Employer Sponsored Regional (provisional) (subclass 494) – Employer sponsored stream
This occupation does not appear on any of the following skill lists:
- 489 Occupations List 189 Skilled Independent and Family Sponsored
- 186 ENS Visa Occupations List
- 482 TSS Visa Medium Term List
- 482 TSS Visa Regional Occupation List
Qualifications for this job
Qualification at the diploma or AQF 5 level. English proficiency requirements include an IELTS score of 7 in each band or the equivalent on other examinations such as PTE, TOEFL, or CAE. A minimum of one year of community service experience in the last five years. Current community service experience ranges from 6 months to a year. Skill evaluation by an appropriate Australian Skill Assessment organization. If you have these qualifications and live in or outside of Australia, now is the time to apply for a job in Australia.
Age: You must be under 45 years old to apply for a PR visa.
Language Proficiency: You must confirm that you have a decent level of English proficiency.
Assessment of Skills
The Australian Community Workers Association, or ACWA, is the skill evaluation body for community workers. It provides two assessment options for community workers:
Category A (recognized qualification by ACWA):
This is for candidates with an ACWA recognized diploma or above.
Category B (Relevant diploma and industry experience):
Applicants must have a related diploma or higher degree in community services, human welfare, or a related field, as well as a minimum of one year of work experience.
Currently, ACWA is prepared to examine candidates’ skills for a community worker position in Australia under the profession COMMUNITY WORKER ANZSCO 411711.
ACWA offers the assessments online.
Other professions assessed by ACWA
ACWA is the assessment authority for community services professionals applying to migrate to Australia underneath the following occupations on the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) and the Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL).
- Welfare Centre Manager ANZSCO 134214
- Welfare Worker ANZSCO 272613
- Community Worker ANZSCO 411711
- Disabilities Services Officer ANZSCO 411712
- Family Support Worker ANZSCO 411713
- Residential Care Officer ANZSCO 411715
- Youth Worker, ANZSCO 411716
You highly advise checking migration eligibility and protocols before submitting an ACWA skills assessment application.
Criteria for assessing skills
All submissions are evaluated based on three criteria: qualification, English language proficiency, and professional experience and validity.
Community workers are in great demand right now, and there are several chances for you to work in the field. If you want to work in community services, you may get started with the Diploma in Community Services.
The following are the steps to becoming a community worker:
- Earn a Diploma in Community Services with a specialization in Case Management (CHC52015). The Diploma course is the industry’s top qualification, and it will set you apart from the competitors.
- Learn and acquire job experience through a vocational placement. This will be useful in teaching you the actual responsibilities of a community worker.
- Apply for a position in community services. Employers will give you additional possibilities if you have a Diploma and work in a vocational placement.
What you should know about this position is
- The average weekly salary in this field is $1328.00.
- Their responsibilities include assessing clients’ needs, developing assistance plans, and monitoring and reporting on clients’ progress. They can also monitor convicts on parole or probation.
- Workers in this field must have strong communication skills, compassion, and administrative and coordination abilities.
As a prominent certification, obtaining the Diploma in Community Services today will provide you with several options to work in the field.